JAMB Starting Date for 2022 is close and Jamb has announced that Students who wish to register for Jamb 2022 must-have NIN or apply for it in any approved NIN centres.
After successful registration, You will be given your 11 digits National Identification number. The NIN is what you use to register for 2022 JAMB UTME.
Note: If you don’t have NIN, you will be able to register for JAMB. This is also applicable to Direct Entry candidates.
Apart from using NIN for Jamb registration, it can also be used for WAEC registration and some vital bank transactions.
How to Register NIN For JAMB 2022
The big question is how to apply to get the NIN for Jamb Registration. The good news is that Jamb has made an adequate arrangement with the NIMC for prospective candidates to be registered at the Jamb-approved CBT centres or with its licensed agents.
Note: There is no specific NIN application centre that you must go and register. All approved NIN centres are open for anybody that want to register.
Where is the closest centre I can register for NIN? Click here to access the NIN registration centres in all 36 States in Nigeria.
Follow the step-by-step procedure below to obtain your NIN for 2022 Jamb Registration:
- Walk into the enrolment Centre with a supporting document (see documents below).
- You will be issued an enrolment form to fill
- Applicant’s forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled in the form against the supporting document provided and to check for errors/mistakes filled on the form.
- Your pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC enrolment officer or the Barcode slip will be scanned by the NIMC enrolment officer to populate all the required fields.
- The enrolment officer will ask the Jamb candidate to double-check his/her information for errors using the applicant monitor.
- If the applicant is satisfied with his/her demographic information, the biometrics (ten fingerprints and facial image) of the applicant will be captured subsequently.
- A National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is issued to you after processing.
- This is what you need to apply for Jamb 2021.
How Do I Find Your JAMB NIN?
You will be given a slip containing your National Identification Number after registering NIN for Jamb 2022. You can also check your NIN by dialing *346# on your Mobile phone. The service costs just N20.
Document You Need To Register NIN for JAMB 2022
If you have any of the following documents, then you are good to go. If you don’t have any, then it is easy for you to get a Birth certificate or the local government of origin. You can do that within two days.
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Local Government of Origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
Reasons You Must Register For NIN
The NIN is set to be used for all transactions in Nigeria requiring identity verification so you’ll be using your NIN for:
- Obtaining Jamb 2022 Form
- obtaining your National e-ID card
- travel (international passport application & acquisition)
- opening personal bank accounts
- getting your driver’s license
- obtaining your Permanent Voters’ Card
- participating in the National Health Insurance Scheme
- payment of your taxes
- transactions related to your contributory pension scheme
- access to welfare and other relevant services from the Nigerian Government
- transactions with social security implications
- land transactions subject to the Land Use Act
- any other transactions NIMC may so prescribe and list in the Federal Government Gazette
Facts About NIN
- NIN consists of 11 Numbers randomly chosen and assigned to an individual after enrolment into the National Identity Database (NIDB).
- Once a NIN is assigned to an individual, it can never be reassigned, given or used by another person – which makes it unique.
- In the case of the death of an individual, his/her NIN is retired once a death certificate is presented to the Commission and the individual’s death is established.
- The NIN is used to tie all records about an individual in the database and is also used to establish or verify his/her identity.
- All citizens and legal residents in Nigeria, from age zero (birth) and above are eligible to enroll for their NINs.
- The NIN should be closely guarded by individuals and not revealed to all and sundry except to relevant authorities when requested.
I hope you found this article helpful? Share with others and do not fail to comment.