2021 WAEC GCE Registration Form Second Series
WAEC Private Candidates [WAEC GCE] Second (2nd) Series [August/September] Online Registration Form | Payment | Price | Closing Date for 2021/2022 Session.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) wishes to inform intending candidates for WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2021 – Second Series and other stakeholders, that the advertisement announcing the commencement of registration for the Examination, which was published in the Daily Trust, Daily Sun and Vanguard newspapers, as well as online social media, on Monday, July 26, 2021 is hereby withdrawn.
The advertisement is being withdrawn due to some developments surrounding the conduct of the Examination which are being sorted out.
The new date for the commencement of registration for the Examination will be released shortly.
Any inconveniences caused by our esteemed stakeholders are at this moment regretted.
The Second Series for 2021 will be conducted in October 2021 as against September due to the late commencement of the registration exercise.
The WASSCE for Private Candidates 2021 – Second Series would be an urban-based examination. It is intended to help candidates who have deficiencies in their WASSCE results bridge the gap.
Thirty-Six (36) Subjects will be available for the Examination. Therefore, intending candidates for the Examination are strongly advised to visit the link – www.waecnigeria.org- to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION
Intending candidates for WASSCE are hereby informed that the Private Candidates, 2021 – Second Series registration will be online.
Prospective candidates can either purchase the registration pin themselves online and proceed to a cyber cafe to register or do all the registration process in an approved registration cyber cafe.
Candidates can obtain their registration pin online by clicking on the image below:
After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to www.waeconline.org.ng for registration. Candidates should also note that the registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
- MODE OF PAYMENT
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira only (N13,950) at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the registration PIN and the information VCD:
Access Bank Plc First Bank of Nig. Plc. Sterling Bank Plc Zenith Bank Plc
Access (Diamond) Bank Plc First City Monument Bank Plc Skye Bank Plc Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
Ecobank Ltd Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc United Bank for Africa Plc
Fidelity Bank Plc Heritage Bank Plc Standard Chartered Bank Plc Unity Bank Plc
In addition, candidates will be required to pay a Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
Note: PIN sales for the 2021 August/September WAEC GCE Second Series Batch Examination are still obtainable via Remita Platform. Visit VTPASS to buy yours.
after PIN purchase, registration to be completed at https://registration.waecdirect.org/Register/Start
- REGISTRATION PERIOD
The regular registration period is from July 26, 2021, to September 30, 2021. Candidates who purchased the registration pin and are yet to register have until September 30, 2021, to complete their registration before the final closure of the registration portal by 11:59 pm.
After obtaining the registration PIN, candidates should log on for registration. Candidates should also note that the registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
Candidates must conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth, and subjects are correct. They are also to print the admission notice/photo card as evidence of successful registration.
This will serve as their photo-card during the Examination. The result checker PIN will also be on the photo card.
Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
- CANDIDATES WITH DISABILITIES AND IMPAIRMENT
Candidates with disabilities /impairment will also register online like other candidates, but they must clearly state their disabilities /impairment e.g., blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
- WALK-IN CANDIDATES
Candidates who wish to register for the Examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as “Walk-in-Candidates” provided they register not less than twenty-four hours to the scheduled time of the paper (s) they intend to write. The “Walk-in-Candidates” fee is Thirty-Five Thousand Naira (N35,000.00) only.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
(1) Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the Examination.
(2) Candidates should note that examination fees are not refundable.
(3) Candidates should print the examination Timetable after their registration.
(4) Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs.
The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
Passport Capture Specification
1)Both eyes must be visible.
2)Image must not be blurry. Very Clear.
3)Ears need to show.
1)Face must be clear and visible.
2)The face must be centralized.
1)Head section must be at least 0.5 cm margin from the upper border.
2)Head must not tilt to the left or right.
1)No image in the background.
2)Background may be white or grey.
1)The edges of the picture must not be distorted by objects.
2)Picture Dimension 275×314 and size of 7 to 15kb must be adhered to.
1)Adequate lighting must be provided to brighten the face.
(5) Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses and the Timetable for the Examination, Sample Scheme, and Questions which they can download from WAEC’s website ( ) using their registration PIN.
(6) All candidates must go to their examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination hall.
(7) The complete results of candidates who sit for the Examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
(8) Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
(9) Any candidate who comes into the examination hall with a mobile phone or electronic or communication gadgets will cancel their entire results.
(10) All candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly uploaded, as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. No request for correction will be entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
(11) Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original photo cards.
(12) Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but may be prosecuted.
(13) Candidates must ensure they provide a valid email address and telephone number (s) during registration.
(14) All candidates MUST be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations.